Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Sit Down with @Bbebar and @UNF4Rob

Alright loves, you came back like I asked and I'm so thrilled! These two ladies are awesome and I can't wait for you to read on and find out a little bit more about them! So without further ado... enjoy!

Let’s start off with the basics…

What are your pennames? 
Bbebar
UNF4Rob

Where do you post most often?  

Bbebar: I’ve only ever posted on ffn.

Unfie: Fanfiction.net

What’s your favorite pairing?

Bbebar: All of my stories so far have been Edward/Jasper, so they’re definitely a favorite.  However, lately I’ve wanted to read alternative pairings or even pairings in other fandoms *gasp*.   

Unfie: My favorite pairing is Edward/Jasper...

Favorite genre?

Bbebar; Slash, slash and more slash.  Did I mention slash? I did? Good, because that’s all I read and write. ;)

Unfie: slash 'nuff said.

Is there a pairing or genre that you absolutely cannot stand?

Bbebar: If there aren’t two peens, I’m not reading it.  So, that eliminates a lot of pairings and genres.

Unfie: I’ve never read a paring that I hated...I'm open to reading any if is good. That is how I stumbled upon slash in the first place.

What got you into the Twilight Fandom? It’s all the hot guys, wasn’t it? Don’t lie.

Bbebar: The hot guys certainly don’t hurt, that’s for sure. I actually discovered fan fic accidentally on twitter. I originally joined to follow twilight fan sites, and I saw someone tweet about reading Wide Awake…the rest is history.

Unfie: Like most others, I read the books...stumbled on the twitterverse while reading about the hot boys...then found fan fic.


What do you find to be the most challenging part about writing your fics?

Bbebar: Honestly just finding the time to write is the most difficult thing. RL is time consuming and must come first. **sighs** lol


Best review you’ve ever received? Worst? 

Bbebar: One of the best reviews I’ve received was from @BbEyedGirl, I believe.  She thanked me for writing a positive coming out story in my fic, You Speak to Me, because not everyone’s experience is traumatic. She said something along the lines that some people, once they come out, really do feel as if a weight has been lifted, and they can finally be themselves. I’ll never forget that because it really validated for me Jasper’s journey in that story. As far as worst reviews, I really haven’t gotten any reviews I’d consider awful. Sure, I’ve had the occasional person who didn’t agree with what I’ve done or misunderstood something in the story, but overall I’ve been really lucky.

Unfie: Every single review for AOS and SNM have been wonderful. The love and kindness that every expressed for us and our boys was just amazing, and I was truly blow away. Our following is not huge but such a great group...very supportive. That has made all the difference for me at least, as I dove into this end of FanFic. It was a VERY scary thing for me. Very easy to beta, it is a whole other ballgame on the other end. 

How do you get into the zone? What’s your method for getting the creative juices flowing? Dancing around your living room in nothing but a baseball cap, weird shit like that?  

Bbebar: Well after that example, I feel like this answer is going to be really boring…lol. I really don’t do anything. If I’m in the zone, I’m in it. I’ve learned, at least for me, there is no point in forcing it.  If the story is in my head, it’s going to come out when it’s ready.  If it’s not coming to me, then I simply wait until it does. 

Unfie: My time for writing is limited, hence the drabble-esque format. It is the only format I personally have written in. With that said I still need to be in a good head-space to write, even if it is only 100-200 words. My method... just write and see where it takes me.


Do your friends and family in your real life know about your fanfiction alter-ego? 

Bbebar: I have some close friends that know what I do.

Unfie: They have NO clue and I prefer to keep it like that. It is my delicious little secret.


What do you look for in a good fan fic? 

Bbebar: Two or more peens (I’m sensing a theme with my answers) , fully developed characters that react honestly, well written and unique plots, a good sense of humor, hot sexytimes, and even a little kink thrown in is nice ;)

Unfie: Depth, realism, and originality. I'm also a lover of the angst...bring it hard.

Tell us a bit about yourself…

Anything you’d like to share with us? Married, single? Kids? Covert CIA agent? Alaskan crab fisherman?

Unfie: Ummm I'm in the CIA #TrueFax

Spill! What’s you guilty pleasure? I promise not to judge you, as long as it isn’t Justin Bieber.

Bbebar:  Hmm…right now I’m on an mpreg fic reading kick, and I’m addicted to sour candy. That count?

Unfie: My guilty is slashy fic...nobody in my RL knows I read it, beta it or write it ;)

Do you have a favorite published author? Someone that actually has printed novels with a publishing house, like Stephenie Meyer. 

Bbebar: I have entirely too many to begin trying to name. Right now I’m reading Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, and  I highly recommend it if you’re into fantasy.

Unfie: Daniel Silva – he writes amazing Spy-Fic....I'm a nerd lol it's my thing.

Favorite musical artist? Anything we should definitely check out? 

Bbebar: Again, WAAAAAY too many to name just one. Right now, The Avett Brothers are on repeat on my ipod. They’re amazing.

Unfie: Adele – love her!!!

Time to spread the love…

Who do you drop everything for, including the urn with your great grandmother inside, and run to the computer when you get an update?  

Bbebar: Hmm…the most recent one was probably Punk and Perv.

Unfie: Funny thing here is that all the writers that I drop everything for I have ended up being their beta along the way.  *maybe I tweet-stalked them so much they decided it would be easier that way – lol *

Do you have an author that you fangirl over? And do you squee?

Bbebar: I do. Many times.  Oh wow, there are so many amazing authors in this fandom.  Continuing on my last answer, I think Conversed is brilliant, and she totally rocks my socks.

Unfie: Oh yes, I squee. I squee and fangirl over Conversed. I'm proud to call her my friend but I still squee and fangirl all the damn time! It was a true honor to beta for Seventeen Men. Truly that fic will be with me forever and has changed me and how I view Jasper.  She knows how I feel...<3 You my friend.

If you were to break someone into the Twilight Fandom, what fic would you give them to read first? 

Bbebar: Oh that’s a hard one. I’d be rec’ing slash, so I’d probably go with something like Twinned (by conversed) or  McFearless (by Teamsmella23) to start with.

Unfie: This would go against my rule of divulging that I not only read it, but write it...NEVER gonna happen.

Can you suggest a fic to be recommended on the blog? 

Bbebar: I recently got to know upsidedowntwist a little from twitter. I started reading his WIP, Into You, the other day and read all the chapters that have been posted straight through. He has an amazing gift for unique storytelling.  I haven’t read another fic like his, and he keeps you guessing every chapter.

Unfie: So many amazing fics to rec...I would feel remiss to just list one....So I will tell you what I am reading right now and loving.  . Outside the Bubble » by OvertlyConcealed  & Roads »  by  prassacut  . If you aren't reading you should be!


And now for a bit of fun…

Give a shout out to your team!

Bbebar: Well, of course there is my lovie, Unfie.  She is first of all my friend. But she’s also my talented collab partner and has been my beta since my very first fic. Then there is my amazing twin, carrottop81690.  He gets the job of best friend and pre-reader ;)  I honestly can’t imagine my life without both of them in it. 

Unfie: My team...I'm not important enough for a team...But the support I receive from my twitterfamily is lovely.  I'm actually very new to the writing or author scene really and well my team consists of @bbebar <---She is my everything!  #TrueFax

Stephenie Meyer’s Bella… Strong, independent woman and a role model for all girls, or a sniveling, whiny, spineless twit? And do you that KStew makes a good Bella? Any.body you think could’ve done it better?

Bbebar: I kind of think Bella is all of the above, which makes her an average teen-aged girl. I think this was why she is relatable to so many people. I think Kristen did a good job, and I haven’t ever given thought to whether or not someone else could have done it better.

Unfie: Hmmm no comment ;)

Ever imagine yourself in the place of a character in the fics you read? (It’s the lemons, isn’t it? Naughty naughty!) 

Bbebar: Well considering I read slash (who me?), that makes it a little more difficult to put myself in the place of a character since I’m a girl with no peen #sadbuttrue lol… However, I quite frequently wish I were in the room with the characters I read about. That is all.

Unfie: Well more like watching  LOL  Since I read 99% slash I'd Love to watch.   Like Rose in TeamBella23 's McFearless. If y'all have not read that fic you need to. That is who I'd like to be...in the room watchin'.

Let’s say that your friends and family don’t know that you write fan fiction. You’re at the office, or the family get together, and someone mentions that they’ve be reading this fanfiction online. As you listen to them recount the details of this story, you realize with growing horror that this is your story! How do you react?

Bbebar: LOL…I suppose how I reacted would totally depend on who the person was. I’d probably just play it cool.

Unfie: Ehhh...I'm sure I'd break-out into a full body sweat, want to vomit and try to act cool.  But I would never blow my cover. Fan Fic is my escape…if that was ever breached...I'd be a VERY unhappy camper.

Thank you for participating!

No comments:

Post a Comment