Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday Sit Down with SweetT129

Let’s start off with the basics…

What’s your penname?

 SweetT129

Where do you post most often?

 I post equally at Fanfiction.net and TwiWrite.net. Honestly, I prefer TwiWrite. Did you know you can put pictures in your reviews there? It's epic.

What’s your favorite pairing? Favorite genre?

 I love Carlisle/Bella, but only when it's done well, which doesn't happen often enough. I like Jasper/Bella too. I'll read nearly anything though, if it's done well. I've found some pairings that were really cool that I never would have expected, like TheChickNorris's Maria/Vlad series. Lately, I've been experimenting with pairings (or threesomes, in the case of SGH). I want to read something different. That's my favorite lately: different. Unique. Is that a genre? It should be.

Is there a pairing or genre that you absolutely cannot stand?

I don't do much wolf reading, but I'm not opposed to them. Some pairings just gross me out, like Charlie slash or anyone paired with Alec or Jane (because they are pre-teens...ew), but that's just me. I am 100% against Diaperward, Bella the hu-cow, cuddlecocking, vagina salads, and anything else that will give me nightmares. And I will flounce over really bad grammar. That's not really a genre for most people, but it's one for me.

What got you into the Twilight Fandom? It’s all the hot guys, wasn’t it? Don’t lie.

The lady at Barnes & Nobles recommended Twilight for me when I was buying some other books that I swear were in no way related. I bought Twilight and read it for the first time when I was overseas. I liked it, so I bought the others. When I finished Breaking Dawn, I was pissed. Seriously, SM lost her mind. That was garbage. I tried to read some other books, but I couldn't get the Saga out of my head. So I went online and searched, looking for someone to discuss it with, and found Ffn. I never looked back.

What do you find to be the most challenging part about writing your fics?

Finding the time to write them, usually. RL has been insane this past year, as everyone who knows me is well aware. Writing has been a great outlet for me through it, though. Another thing is that I can get my sarcastic inner voice in there, but I think writing comedy is tough – I'm impressed with people who have hilarious fics – like Family Therapy Cullen Style, for example. I could never write that.

Best review you’ve ever received? Worst?

I can't think of one best review, but my favorite ones are the ones that I can tell the reader thought about what I wrote and commented on favorite bits of it. I adore reviews that say that my writing touched them, whether it was making them cry or just touching their heart. The reviews for SGH have been awesome because people have a LOT to say. I love reading them. The compliments I got on Basking... OMG, I squee over those reviews, no joke.
As for the worst, I never really gotten one that was very negative, but I've had some that were really uncomplimentary about the characterization of Bella in SGH, and sometimes I take those personally just because there's so much of me in that Bella. But I get over it quickly.

How do you get into the zone? What’s your method for getting the creative juices flowing? Dancing around your living room in nothing but a baseball cap, weird shit like that?

Oh my god, have you been peeking in my windows?! -runs to close curtains-  Seriously, though, there is almost always music involved. I have playlists that I make to get into certain moods – my lemon playlist, my angry playlist, my emo playlist... etc. I don't think I've ever written without music on.

Do your friends and family in your real life know about your fanfiction alter-ego?

Kind of. My cousin and sister have read my story, and my family all knows that I write... they just don't know what I write. God willing it will stay that way... And pretty much all of my RL friends are friends that I made through the fandom, so I guess you could say my friends all know, lol.

What do you look for in a good fanfic?

Good grammar, interesting plot, and good characterizations. In that order. I am well known for flouncing fics for being a technical mess, but there's a few I've stayed with because they had such amazing stories. It's gotta be damn good to make me overlook the grammar though. And I'm not talking a mistake here and there, I'm talking about a real hot mess. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I want something different. We've been reading and writing for a long time now. I want something new. Oh, and if the fic could make more sense than SM's version, that'd be awesome.

Tell us a bit about yourself…

Anything you’d like to share with us? Married, single? Kids?Covert CIA agent?Alaskan crab fisherman?

I'm 30, I've got 3 awesome daughters, and I got rid of my asshat of a husband last summer. I am in school to get my degree in paralegal, taking literature classes at the same time so that one of these days I can get my Masters in Education and teach High School English.

Spill! What’s you guilty pleasure? I promise not to judge you, as long as it isn’t Justin Beiber.

Guitar. Playing, listening, looking at. I am a total GuitarH00r. I wear the title with pride. I also really reallyreally love shoes. And rum.

Do you have a favorite published author? Someone that actually has printed novels with a publishing house, like Stephanie Meyer.

JK Rowling, probably. Harry Potter is probably the greatest thing I've ever read. Other favorites are Nicholas Sparks, Emily Giffen, Jennifer Weiner, and Jane Austen.

Favorite musical artist? Anything we should definitely check out?

This could be a very long list, you know... I'll try to pick the top faves. The Cure is and always will be at the top for me. There are two unsigned artists that I adore as well, guitarists, of course. Nuno Bettencourt -swoon-,  The Black Keys, Mumford & Sons, Gary Moore, Iron and Wine, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, 100 Monkeys...

Time to spread the love…

Who do you drop everything for, including the urn with your great grandmother inside, and run to the computer when you get an update?

MerinaGreen – Running and it's sequel, Chaotic Dynamics, are two of the best fics I've ever come across in this fandom. There's also a fic called Bound For Glory that is all kinds of awesome. Those are the only two things that I read regularly right now.

Do you have an author that you fangirl over? And do you squee? I do. Many times.

I've done my fair share of fangirling in my day. The great part is that most of the people I used to fangirl are now among my very best friends. I'd probably dance all over the house if I knew that ninapolitan read my Carlisle fics, or if Naelany was a fan. I won't deny having fangirledNCChris multiple times – I still get excited when she asks me to beta for her, lol. Trampvamp too. Now, this is a good RL friend of mine. Hell, she spooned me last summer (she swears it was the other way around. I say potato/potato)! But the first time I threw back a shot with her and said 1,2,3 fuck it, I totally squee'd. It was ridiculous.

If you were to break someone into the Twilight Fandom, what fic would you give them to read first?

Damn, what's with the impossible questions? LOL.. Um, I'd probably say When Darkness Turns To Light. JannaBanana killed me with that scene in the bar where Jasper parts Bella's knees and steps between them. Fucking swoon.Seriously. I don't think I've ever gotten over that. -fans face-

Can you suggest a fic to be recommended on the blog?

One of the two I mentioned as my drop everything fics, or anything on my faves list.

And now for a bit of fun…

Give a shout out to your team!

I'm Team Carlisle or Team Whitlock.

Stephanie Meyer’s Bella… Strong, independent woman and a role model for all girls, or a sniveling, whiny, spineless twit? And do you that KStewmakes a good Bella? Anybody you think could’ve done it better?

Pathetic, spineless, whiny idiot.Terrible role model. Hey teen girls, go after the boy that controls you and doesn't let you have any friends. Good plan. Oh, and if he takes the engine out of your car to prevent you from making choices, give him a kiss. Clearly he loves you.
-sarcasm font-
K Stew is good as Bella. She's definitely improved – she was way too twitchy in the beginning. She's got the awkwardness down part.

Ever imagine yourself in the place of a character in the fics you read? (It’s the lemons, isn’t it? Naughty naughty!)

Don't we all? I dreamed that scene from When Darkness Turns To Light that I mentioned before for weeks after I read it, obviously with me as Bella.

Let’s say that your friends and family don’t know that you write fanfiction. You’re at the office, or the family get together, and someone mentions that they’ve be reading this fanfiction online. As you listen to them recount the details of this story, you realize with growing horror that this is your story! How do you react?

If it were any of my fics other than SGH, I'm probably play it cool. I wouldn't admit that it was mine to anyone in my family, but probably to someone else. I'd probably have a panic attack if anyone in my family mentioned SGH, because there's a lot of ME in that Bella, and anyone who knows me would recognize that. I'd be panicking that they'd think it was a true story and out me to my mom or something, lol. So yeah, I'd be changing that subject REALLY fast.

Thank you for participating!

No comments:

Post a Comment