Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Night Slash: A Tale of Two Cities by @TruceOver

Boy time flies when you have a billion things a week to do, huh? Thank fuck for Friday Night Slash!
I was asking around to a couple of my trusty slash h00rs for some recs so I could give y’all the best and one of them (MizzHyde) mentioned a fic by TruceOver called A Tale of Two Cities…
Now mind you, I recc’d her a couple weeks ago here with her fic Sexurity Checkpoint, that hot little Riley/James airport fic, remember? Well I was hesitant to start at first because it’s sixteen chapters in and really I don’t have time to catch up on a long stories right now, but I trust my bitches and so I pulled up the first chapter, thinking if I read a few chapters a day I might be done with it in a week or so…
Three hours later I’m all caught up, I’ve missed my nap and I’m craving more! I devoured this fic and I am not-so-patiently waiting for another chapter!
Emmett owns a chain of sporting goods stores and makes a weekly trip to Seattle from Portland to run that branch. One day he runs right into the back of Edward and is instantly dazzled by him and immediately starts following him.
Coincidence has it, Edward ends up on the same flight as Emmett and he spends the whole thing trying to figure out how to talk to him… So much so that when he loses him getting off the plane he practically bowls over people to chase after him. He’s goes crazy stalker and follows him to his hotel, checks in there too and talks to him at the elevator, asking him to get a drink where Edward turns him down.
Talk about poor Emmett until you get to Edward’s POV a few chapters later and find out why he does it.
It’s a story about two boys and their journey together. How they come to be together and how they have to work to make it work. Each boy has some secrets but they seem to be a match made in Heaven!
There have been some bumps and curves along the way and it’s looking like there will be some more bumps to get over coming up in the next chapters but with any luck, they will end up together and happy, because if you read the story, you will see the connection and how they are willing to do almost anything for each other! It’s heartwarming and almost overwhelming at points, their connection to each other!
Here’s a sneak peek into the crazy the Em turns into during the first chapter when he goes stalker on Edward!
XXXXXX

I've lost him.

My heart sinks and I berate myself for not being smarter, for not making sure that we spoke again before he leaves. Out of the corner of my eye I see a shock of deep bronze hair poking out above the other people making their way towards ground transportation. I run after him, trying not to make a scene.

I reach the curb just as his cab drives away. I pause for just a moment, realizing that if I'm already acting this crazy I might as well go all the way.

I hop into the next cab with my bags and point towards the cab that Mr. Serious is in.

"I need you to follow that cab!" I yell as I lean forward, willing the driver to take off speeding.

Instead of moving the driver turns around and rolls his eyes in a what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you kind of way.

"Come on man!" I pull out my wallet and fling sixty bucks down on the seat next to him. He shrugs and shakes his head, but pulls away from the curb screeching.

I try to relax a bit more as we follow the other cab. At least he is in sight now. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and I realize that I had been too distracted to even turn it off for the short flight.

I groan, but answer the phone anyway – she won't give up.

"Rose," I snap into the phone.

"What the hell is your problem?" she yells back.

"I'm busy."

"Doing what?" she asks, and I can tell that she's curious.

"Being a crazy stalker." I might as well tell the truth, as my best friend she'll find out eventually.

"Who are you stalking?" she demands.

"A guy I met on the plane."

"Don't make me beat it out of you Emmett. Tell me everything."

I know there was no point in fighting it. My eyes remain fixed on the cab in front of me, never leaving the back of his head.

"I don't know his name. He's traveling for business. He has a nice phone and he has big feet."

I hear Rose's laugh coming out over the phone. "That's all you know? You don't even know his name? And you're stalking him?" Her laughter is so loud I have to hold the phone away from my ear.

"Be careful, Rose or you'll pee yourself," I bark back. I know that I'm acting crazy; I don't need Rose to give me a hard time about it.

I watch as the other cab pulls off the freeway and my cab follows.

"I gotta go."

"Don't get arrested you stalker."

"Very funny," I snap and end the call.

Both cabs pull up to the roundabout in front of a hotel. I pull out another twenty and threw it at the cab driver with mumbled thanks.

I follow the stranger as he goes up to the counter to check in. I do the same, letting the young man working there know that I don't have a reservation. At some point I feel his green eyes on me and I glance up just as I take my room key from the employee.

Mr. Serious gives me a curious look and walks towards the elevators, wearily looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

I move to stand next to him and grin.

"What a coincidence huh?" I smile my most innocent I-swear-I'm-not-crazy smile.

"Yeah..." he mutters as the doors open and we step on.

XXXXXX

Alrighty, there you have it! Don’t you love Emmett already? (I’ve been seriously craving some slashy Emmett these days and TruceOver and Conversed both helped me out in that fashion and I’ve got another great rec for you for next week!)
Well, that’s it my loves and I hope you enjoy! Please don’t forget to review!
Also, if you have a story you want to see recc’d on the blog, feel free to email me at mel.bookbytescorner@gmail.com and I’ll do my best to get it done!
Until next week my loves,
Xoxo
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment