Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday Night Slash: Too Much by @Tiffnificent & @Kitty_Cullen

Okay, y'all... I know it's not Friday anymore and I'm a total fail around here but I finally am able to get a rec up.

The other day I was tweeting and asking about this fic that I read a while ago and couldn't remember the title.. then a few days later I was perusing through Tiffaninichole's profile because I was planning on recc'ing one of her slash stories this week and WAAALAH! I found the fic I was looking for! It's called Too Much by tiffaninichole and Kitty Cullen-03 and it was their contribution to the Two is Better Than One Contest where they won Judge's Choice!

It's essentially about Edward who wakes up from a coma thinking that he just woke up from the night before but it's been like a month since his accident. Edward doesn't remember anything and his best friend Jasper is there by his side the whole time, anticipating his every need and being there more than his flaky wife.

He realizes that his marriage is kind of a sham, Rosalie doesn't seem to be too converned with him or his well being... she just cares about the appearance of things and trying to catch Edward up on the gossip he's missed. Then he starts having these dreams about him and Jasper...

Like sex dreams and he's completely freaked out. He goes to talk to Jasper about it and he finds out the details of his history with Jasper...

You really need to read this gem, because it's fantabulous and these two ladies are amazing authors! They suck you in and keep you enthralled and the ending of this piece is NOT what you'd expect, so take a chance and you won't be sorry!

Here's a sneak peek into the one-shot:

XXXXXX


But after having that dream, I didn't think I could put it off any more.

I didn't go back to bed that night, instead watching TV until it was a respectable hour to call someone. Digging out my phone, I dialed his number, not knowing what the fuck to say.

"Hey, Ed, what's up?" he answered, sounding chipper and sun-shiny.

Come to think of it, Jasper always seemed overly excited whenever I called him... but we were best friends, so that was normal.

Right?

"Can I come over? We need to talk," I blurted out, wasting no time with my request.

"Sure, man, uh, come on over."

We talked awkwardly for a few more minutes before hanging up and I immediately went out into the garage to get into my car.

It didn't take long before I was nervously wiping my palms on my jeans and knocking on his door.

"Hey, man. What's up?" His face was pinched with concern as I walked past him into the living room.

I swallowed thickly, not exactly sure how to proceed. "Did… uh… shit, I'm so fucking confused." I started pacing and roughly ran a hand through my hair. "Jas, I had this fucking dream, but it wasn't really a dream. I mean, I don't... I just can't shake it. It was so goddamned real, like it actually fucking happened. I don't even—that's crazy, right?" I laughed dryly.

I felt silly even bringing it up because the idea that that actually happened was fucking bananas. After a silence that lasted too long for my liking, I finally got up the nerve to look at him and felt the blood drain from my face.

His expression told me everything that I needed to know and my eyebrows rose to my hairline. "Please tell me you're joking." I choked.

"Is that all you remember?" His question threw me off.

"What? What does that mean?" I went back to pacing, trying to make sense of what was going on.

"I mean… is that the only thing you remember—that one time?" My head whipped in his direction at his implication.

"It happened more than once?" I staggered back a few steps, my knees almost giving out from under me. This couldn't be happening. What the fuck was going on?

"Edward," Jasper began, walking toward me with his hands up in surrender. "We've been in a relationship for years. But if it makes you feel any better, it wasn't… it wasn't just sex. It never was. I love you… and for a while there, you loved me too."

I fell onto the couch as his words assaulted me and he began pacing the floor with a fury I'd never seen ghosting his eyes.

"God, Edward, your wife treats you like shit! For Christ's sake, she was in salons, throwing shindigs, getting Botox, all while you were in a fuckin' coma!"

He stopped and kneeled in front of me, his eyes pleading as his hands rested on my knees. "What we had was good, Ed. Real good. You have no idea how hard it was when I realized that you'd forgotten everything we had."

I shot off the couch, crossing the room in three steps to get away from him. This was too much. Too fucking much.

"Jasper... I'm not gay." I felt ridiculous for even having to say the words, but from what he had just told me, I thought that minor detail needed a revisit.

He growled and was in my face in an instant, roughly grabbing my face as his eyes pierced into mine. We were both breathing harder than normal, the air charged and thick between us. Before I could say a word, his lips were pressed to mine, hard, needy, desperate. And for a second, I allowed myself to get lost in the way he felt. His chest against mine, his thigh settled between my legs, his hands clutching my shirt, his hot mouth absorbing my groan...

I pushed him away, backing against a wall, shaking my head with wide eyes. "I... I'm not fucking gay," I stuttered.

He curled his lip and took a step back. "You keep telling yourself that, Edward." He looked at me with narrowed eyes before turning and walking away, pushing the door of his bathroom open and slamming it behind him.

I guessed that meant the conversation was over.

XXXXXX

Good, huh? yeah I thought so too! So check it out and leave them some love!

I'm out y'all but I'll check back in next week!

xoxo
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment