Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Sit-Down with IdreamofEddy!

Let’s start off with the basics…

What’s your penname?

Currently, it's IdreamofEddy.  It changes from day to day, week to week.

Where do you post most often?  

When it comes to fan-fiction, I'm strictly on Fanfiction.net.  I have done some writing on Wattpad though, but not in regards to Twific.  Fanfiction.net has its moments and it sucks balls frequently, but I just find the site easy to navigate through and easy to post with. 

What’s your favorite pairing? Favorite genre? 

I write only Jasper/Bella, and occasionally I work on my Peter/Bella.  But when it comes to reading new fic, I read a lot of Edward/Bella.  I may write about Jasper and Bella, but when it comes to reading, I like to stick with what could probably be considered the classics now; the stories that had me writing about Jasper and Bella in the first place. 

Is there a pairing or genre that you absolutely cannot stand? 

Yeah.  Charlie with ANYBODY.  I mean, I've been in this fandom for a while now, I've read the stories so many times, and when you add that in to reading Fanfiction, he reminds me of... Dad. See what I mean?  I can't do the dad thing, though I'm sure Charlie is an awesome lover...that man has a set of balls.

What got you into the Twilight Fandom? It’s all the hot guys, wasn’t it? Don’t lie.

Of course.  Who didn't want more of Edward at the end of book four?  Or who didn't want to see more of the Cullens, or specifically, JASPER?  But it's more than that.  I've seen quite a few writers and readers tell their stories of how they came into the fandom, and it usually went along the lines of how they couldn't put the books down.  The fact is, Stephenie Meyer gave us a great series; but she gave us a series with a lot of discrepancies, errors, and holes in plot that fans and writers could expand upon.  Or take in an entirely different direction. Now, I'm about to be very hypocritical, but it pisses me off sometimes, the way I see how asinine, evolved fans/writers/literary experts downgrade her shit.  I really don't believe a 'perfect' story exists, in any fandom, or in any book.  Stephenie Meyer made me want more, or at least a Breaking Dawn that didn't include demon spawn or fade to blacks. 

It was the characters I wanted more of, and just not Edward and Bella.  There were stories to be told about their lives, and alternate endings to be visualized.  But no one who writes Twilight Fanfiction writes it because they hated the series over all.  I personally loved it.  I still read them.  I wish more people would read them instead of taking their ideas from the damn movies.

What do you find to be the most challenging part about writing your fics?

For me, it's time. I'm involved in a lot now in the read world; where as two years ago, I was completely obsessed and I basically put the rest of my life-and my daughters-on hold. Time I should have spent with her was devoted to writing, or reading, and even blogging. 

But I've been doing this on and off for two and half years now.  I take my time.  I've come to expect more out of myself, and I try to do a better job at telling a story.  The downside of that is I can no longer pump out a chapter once or twice a week.  Writing for me has always been difficult, because two years ago, I hadn't done any, at all. Two and half years ago, I didn't give a shit.  I've always sucked at grammar, and I still do.  But I've learned a lot, too.  And I've learned that story telling is multi-dimensional.  You can do just about anything you want.  The other downside is that I'm trying to do too much at one time.  I'm the most unorganized person I know.

Best review you’ve ever received? Worst?

I'm not going there.  Once upon a time I would have.  My best reviews are all those that have reflected on certain passages, and those that have shared how that passage or the dialogue effected them.  My worst reviews are probably from myself. Criticism when handled in a dignified and respectable manner is of the up most importance, and I wish I received more of it. It's what helps me learn from my mistakes.  Once upon a time, I wouldn't hesitate to go off on someone telling me my story was shit, or because they were angry because they thought I was going somewhere I wasn't.  But it's just not worth the headache, or the heartache.   I consider myself now to be very lucky for what reviews I do get, even if it's just an 'awesome!' or 'Great chapter!'  Everyone should consider themselves lucky for any review, and no writer should expect that everyone 'gets' what's going on, or 'understands' their characters. It's not like they're inside your mind, you know?

We're lucky to have people reading our stuff, 'nuff said.  A majority of humanity lacks common sense or just doesn't get it; and if you haven't figured that out, take a look in the goddamn mirror, because at some point, someone is going to think the same thing of you.

How do you get into the zone? What’s your method for getting the creative juices flowing? Dancing around your living room in nothing but a baseball cap, weird shit like that?

I smoke. A lot. And I'm either writing in the wee morning hours, or when the child is in school.  I'm always in my pajamas, too.  And usually I'm in the garage, where I can shoot swallows as they fly in.

Do your friends and family in your real life know about your fanfiction alter-ego?

Yes.  My daughter has slowly been reading Twilight, or I it to her.  Maybe in the future when she's old enough I'll let her read my stuff, but that'll depend on whether or not she wants to. My mother has supplied me with locations and information pertaining to them for my stories, for the exception of TOM.  CM takes place in Idaho, and so does Embrace the Suck, a story I'm hopefully going to start publishing here soon.  I also have an original fic I'm working on that takes place there, so she's been a wealth of information. The whole family though has been wonderful about dealing with my obsession.  

What do you look for in a good fanfic?

Good character portrayal is very important, but it's also possible to overdo it.  Really bad grammar irritates the hell out of me, but if the plot is worthy enough, I'll try anything.  I actually don't read that much fanfic these days; unless it's one I've been following for a while.  Between living life and writing, there's just not enough time.  My alert list and to be read list is long, I can only hope I'll be able to get into reading again. Plus I took a break from the fandom, I kind of needed one.

Tell us a bit about yourself…

I'm 24, single, and I have a nice set of fake tits.  I have some junk in my trunk, and a hair-free, tight pussy.  My reddish brown hair hangs down to my waist, and I have a set of lips that could suck the chrome off a Harley.  In my real life, I'm thirty nine, I'm single eight or nine times over, I have high blood pressure, I've lost forty pounds, but I'm still about a 100 pounds overweight.  My tits are just okay, and my hair is now layered quite funkily. 

I like to garden, camp, fish, hike, and hunt.  I'm also fixing to relocate next year to Edgewood, New Mexico with the rest of the family.  Iowa sucks ass, it's too fucking cold and it's men suck. Not in a good way.
Anything you’d like to share with us? Married, single? Kids? Covert CIA agent? Alaskan crab fisherman?
I have one daughter, named Jessie. She's 8, and she's great. My kid is smart, and she's got a very good head on her shoulders. It's also very pretty.  I'm a Deadliest Catch die hard, my favorite boat and crew is The Time Bandit, followed closely by the Cornelia Marie, with Josh and Jake.  I miss Phil.  It's just not the same without him.

I wouldn't mind sleeping with an Alaskan Crab Fisherman.  Those boys like fish.

Spill! What’s you guilty pleasure? I promise not to judge you, as long as it isn’t Justin Beiber.

Cream Cheese.  On anything. With anything. Except Ketchup. Eww. 

Do you have a favorite published author? Someone that actually has printed novels with a publishing house, like Stephanie Meyer.

I read a lot of drama/thrillers, some sci-fi, and fantasy.  J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood is my weakness.  Talk about plot holes and discrepancies. But Ward's writing is for the most part raw, and intriguing. She writes about sex beautifully, and I would love to write a crossover fic with Vishous and Bella.  If she'd just take the leash off...but I also have an immense respect for her when it comes to standing her ground with her relationship to fanfic.

Favorite musical artist? Anything we should definitely check out?

Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Adele, and Lifehouse.  Lady GaGa and my love for her music is kind of dying as of late.  You don't sing about being Born This Way and use the word retarded when you're describing someone.  Retarded people were born that way, too.   Maybe that's why I thought Judas sucked ass...

Time to spread the love…

Who do you drop everything for, including the urn with your great grandmother inside, and run to the computer when you get an update?

Since I don't read that much right now, I can narrow it down to pretty much just two.  Dia de los Muertos by Stitchcat, and All That I've Got Gabe's POV by BlackWingedGabriel.  Both are good, strong stories where the authors have branched out and have challenged themselves by creating multi-dimensional characters that were either not in the books or mentioned in hindsight.

Do you have an author that you fangirl over? And do you squee? I do. Many times.

A certain Slant of light (she's gone extinct) BlackWingedGabriel, TheRomanticidalEdwardian, RubyWednesday...but I'm a silent squee'er.  These were the authors of the first stories I ever read on Fanfiction. 

If you were to break someone into the Twilight Fandom, what fic would you give them to read first?

That's easy.  Someone Else's Memoirs by a certain slant of light.  Probably the most heart-breaking and bittersweet story out there.  After that, it's Heatwave by RubyWednesday. 

Can you suggest a fic to be recommended on the blog? 

Yes! Here in the Garden of Sin by ooza.  It's a fic for me that works outside the norm.

And now for a bit of fun…

Give a shout out to your team!

Go Hawks!

Stephanie Meyer’s Bella… Strong, independent woman and a role model for all girls, or a sniveling, whiny, spineless twit? And do you that KStew makes a good Bella? Anybody you think could’ve done it better?

Sniveling twit and whiny, but I don't necessarily think as Bella as spineless. When it comes to matters of the heart, yes, but girl had a rough time.  I just wish she would have had the balls to stand up to Edward more, and really let him have it. ...KStew?  See, the movies are just okay for me.  Kstew does a good job, considering the shitty script they give her.

Ever imagine yourself in the place of a character in the fics you read? (It’s the lemons, isn’t it? Naughty naughty!)

Of course!  I'm Bella.  I certainly don't imagine KStew when I'm reading.  Dreaming or visualizing a story is complicated.  When it comes to writing it, I'm always in the guy's heads better than I am with Bella.

Let’s say that your friends and family don’t know that you write fanfiction. You’re at the office, or the family get together, and someone mentions that they’ve be reading this fanfiction online. As you listen to them recount the details of this story, you realize with growing horror that this is your story! How do you react?

I run for the motherfuckin' hills. Chances are I'll cut the bitch when she starts talking about my length problem.

Thank you for participating!

No comments:

Post a Comment