Monday, June 27, 2011

Magic Monday's Featuring Bex-Chan!

여보세요!
This week I bring you...Korean greetings! I really hope that Yahoo has not failed me when it comes to its translation feature because I wouldn’t know proper Korean if someone smacked me in the face with a Korean dictionary. Not that I’m inviting anyone to do that to me or anything...and I’ve officially gotten off track in a whoppin’ two sentences. Okay, this week I bring you a WIP (work in progress) and normally I don’t rec those but I am really enjoying this one!
Isolation by Bex-Chan
What I love about this fic is the fact that the relationship between Draco and Hermione is so canon-compliant that sometimes I want to reach through my screen and bitchslap Draco.

God, wouldn’t that be nice? Could you imagine if you could do that via your computer? Trolling would become a thing of the past if we could just reach through the screen and give’em a good wallop across the face.


*sigh* One day, technology. One day.

Back on track! This is a slow moving fic, the romance is believable and most of all, the relationship between Draco and Hermione is believable which is what I like the most about it. I normally avoid a WIP fic because I don’t like having to wait for it when I really like a fic but this is one that I would highly recommend for any Dramione shipper! I’ve laughed, I’ve sworn at the computer screen and I’ve cried during this fic which to me means that it’s well written. Then again, I cry when I drive by a dead raccoon so perhaps I’m not the best judge of the snotsobbing factor.


From the author...


Post HBP. Ron and Harry are Horcrux hunting and Hermione has been left at Hogwarts to help the Order make it safe for the other students. Draco is forced by Snape to stay in Hogwarts for his own protection, but he can't leave the room he is given; Granger's room. Hermione is the only student trusted with this information, so her and Malfoy share the small space, and Draco tries to avoid insanity as he becomes increasingly isolated with only the Mudblood for company. Something's going to give...

Here’s a little taste of the fic...


"Why did you call me here?"

"Because he will be staying with you," McGonagall told her steadily. "You are my most trustworthy student and your skills as a witch are-


"How can you do this to me?" she moaned, scrunching her face with stress. "I hate him. He's evil-


"I know that this is a lot to ask," the other witch said with genuine sympathy. "But there is nobody else I can trust with this. You have a spare room-

"We'll kill each other-
"

"No you won't," she argued, taking some steps towards the witch to place a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I am keeping his wand and I will ward your dorm so he can't leave and you have a password for your bedroom-
"

"There must be someone else," Hermione pleaded. "Anyone else. One of the professors-


"You are the only person who I trust to handle this," McGonagall breathed sadly. "The other professors have too much on their plates as it is. I need you to do this-

"For how long?"


"For as long as it takes," she answered cryptically, offering the girl another apologetic frown. "I am really sorry for this, Miss Granger. If things are really that bad then I will do my best to make other arrangements, but I honestly believe that you can do this."


She wanted to protest; to tell McGonagall to let Malfoy rot in the grave he had dug himself. She wanted to point out that he would probably try to kill her in her sleep, or that she wouldn't last a day without hexing the twat until he was a pointless mess smeared against her wall. But images of Dumbledore fluttered in her brain.


If we don't protect Draco Malfoy from harm, then Albus' sacrifice will be for nothing...

"Okay," she found herself mumbling absently. "Okay, I-I will try."
As always, don’t forget to leave the author some love in the form of reviews!


Also, as per the usual drill, you can send fic recs to my email: alexis.bookbytescorner@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment