Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Night Slash: Bittersweet by @mw138

Welcome back to the Friday Night Slash Segment. This week I decided to take bit of a different route and rec a sweet little fic that’s totally captured my heart.
It’s a Jacob/Edward and a W.I.P. but it’s worth the wait for the chapters.  The story is called Bittersweet by mw138 and I’m totally in love.
Our boys used to be best friends and there are several hints that they used to be lovers in the first couple chapters. Jasper takes the plunge and e-mails Edward for the first time in a long time.
They spend several chapters catching up on each other’s lives and just reconnecting. As of right now, there was a major turning point just revealed and I can’t wait to see where it’s going.
The way Meg writes this piece is so sweet yet it totally keeps you guessing. You want to know where it’s going, what’s going to happen, and most of all you want to know what happened to these two that drove them apart in the first place.
I am anxiously awaiting the newest chapter and what it reveals for these two boys!
Here’s a sneak peak into the first chapter of Bittersweet:
xxxxxx

From: jwhitlock(a)emailco(dot)com
To: edwardacullen(a)emailco(dot)com
Subject: Hello
Date: March 13, 2010 2:10 p.m.


Hey,

How are you doing? I'm sure you're probably shocked to hear from me, and I debated for a long time whether or not to even try to contact you, especially after all these years. I'm not even sure if this email address still works, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I hear some pretty great things have taken place in your life in the past couple of years. You're married now with a child. Wow, I'm almost speechless, but very happy for you. I'm sure you're a great father, and Isabella is a lucky woman. I'm glad things worked out for you and that you have the perfect family.
Me? Well, I'm still single, unfortunately. I guess I haven't found the right guy since we parted. It's not for lack of trying though. *wink* On the flip side, my professional life has been incredible! I recently made partner at my law firm, and I couldn't be happier…or busier.

Um, I guess I also wanted to contact you to say how sorry I am for how things ended between us. I could just say that we were young and stupid and didn't know how to handle the little bumps in our relationship, and that's probably true, but I also have a feeling that we just weren't on the same page. You wanted to settle down and have a family, while I was hell bent on making a name for myself. It looks like both of our dreams came true. There's not one thing I regret in our relationship, except losing my best friend in the end. I miss going to Flannigan's and having a beer while playing pool with you. But there's no use in crying over spilled milk.

I hope this email finds its way to you. I wish you all the happiness in the world, Edward. I really do.

Take care of yourself!

Sincerely,

Jasper

x~x~x~x~x~x

To: jwhitlock(a)emailco(dot)com
From: edwardacullen(a)emailco(dot)com
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: April 15, 2010 5:30 a.m.


Jasper,

To say that I'm shocked to hear from you would the understatement of the year. Frankly, I never expected to hear from you ever again, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Congratulations on making partner! I know that was a dream of yours and I'm glad it was actualized.

You're a great lawyer and your firm is lucky to have you on its team. Yes, I am married and have a beautiful little girl named Alice. She's gorgeous, Jasper – the light of my life. Bella and I have made a pretty good life. She's a teacher as well. Actually, that's how we met, but I don't want to bore you with the details.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I, obviously, still use the same email address after all these years, and I could blame the delay on work or taking care of the baby, but it was none of that.
Responding to you scared the shit out of me, and I didn't know what to say. For years I've thought about what I would say to you if we were ever in contact again, but when I saw your name in my inbox, my mind went blank. I just sat at my computer and couldn't force my fingers to type…

There's no need to apologize, so please don't.

I better go. I have to get ready for work, and I think I just heard Alice start to cry….actually wail is more
like it.

It was good hearing from you again, Jasper.

Edward

To: jwhitlock(a)emailco(dot)com
From: edwardacullen(a)emailco(dot)com
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: April 15, 2010 6:03 a.m.


P.S. I miss my best friend too.
xxxxxx
Alright, now that you’ve had a taste, I know you want more J head on over to her profile and check out this sweet and lovely little fic! Also, feel free to check out any of her other awesome fics, they are always so sweet, sexy, and well written!
Don’t forget, if there is a story or an author you want to see rec’d on here, hit me up at mel.bookbytescorner@gmail.com and I’ll do my best to get it done!
Thanks for taking this journey with me J I’ll see you next week!
XOXO
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment